Thursday, December 20, 2007

Panty Pegs

In the late night/early morning of my going away shin dig, several of my close friends and I were sitting in my friend Victor’s living room bantering back and forth. Among those in attendance was my pal Doreen. Doreen’s family is whom I am staying with in Uganda. While chatting she brought up “panty pegs.” She informed me that while in Uganda I would be using them. The term “panty pegs” struck an inquisitive note in most of my friends; including me. Since being in Uganda I have received several e-mails from those people present at my shin dig inquiring about panty pegs; thus the title of this blog.

In Uganda and I imagine much of the world; people wash their laundry by hand. Many houses employ a “house girl” or maid to do much of the work (cooking, cleaning, and laundry). Washing someone else’s underwear however is unacceptable (understandably so). Thus, it is everyone’s individual duty to wash their own underwear (panties). After washing they are hung in your closet on something similar to a hanger called a “panty peg.” Most of them are either pink or blue.



I hope everyone’s curiosity is satisfied!

1 comment:

Don said...

Of course my curiosity has even doubled; whose panties are those u photographed?