Thursday, May 15, 2008

Washington D.C.

While in Uganda my good pal Josh and I e-mailed frequently. Amongst our conversations of politics, world events, and random banter we decided it was past due for a visit. When I booked my flight home I decided to stop in DC for a week for the purpose of seeing Josh. It was a spectacular time of pure laziness and relaxation.

My flight from Uganda to Washington DC was surprisingly very pleasant. While waiting in the Entebbe airport I noticed that the girl sleeping across the way was indeed one of the acquaintances I had met on my river rafting trip three days prior. When she woke we did a bit of seat swapping and sat next to each other on the way to London. It was a lot of fun. In the meantime I met one of her acquaintances whom were stopping in London for a couple of days. Lorinne was also stopping in London for a day. Both of them tried to talk me in to changing my ticket and spending at least a day touring with them. Although I was tempted, I opted out wishing them both the best of luck.

When I arrived in DC Josh was there waiting. I spent the next week catching up with him and getting to know his wonderful girlfriend and friends. They were all very welcoming and a blast to be around. Most of the trip consisted of playing Wii, Guitar Heroes, Sing star, and general bantering. We went on a hike which was also a lot of fun. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the visit and can not wait for Josh and Abby to come visit SLC in which I hope I will be as great a hostess.





No comments: